There’s a lot of pressure put on high school students surrounding “big tests” like the SAT and ACT. It seems that these tests are what will determine college acceptances, and are therefore a huge deal. Luckily we live in a world where we are given tons of resources to use, and the same is true for test prep for the SAT/ACT. No matter which test you choose to take (or both!), this blog post will help you find the best test prep online and also give you actionable study tips to use.
Best Test Prep Online for Studying for SAT/ACT
Practice Makes Perfect
As annoying and redundant as it may sound, practice is really the vital factor that is going to help boost your SAT/ACT score. Although the practice tests may be super long and boring, it’s worth it to go into the real test knowing the format of the test, and some sample questions.
The first time I ever took the ACT, I hadn’t done any prep before it and I really regretted it. Of course, I learned from this mistake and quickly invested in hiring an ACT tutor, but it was very expensive and took a lot of time away from me. While my tutor did eventually help me raise my test score, I know that there are better test prep online resources available now than there were even a few years ago when I took the test.
Magoosh is a test prep online resource that I seriously wish I knew about a few years ago when I was in high school prepping for tests. Magoosh isn’t specific to just the ACT test, but rather offers test prep online for multiple common tests (see below.)
The best part about Magoosh is that you can log into your account anytime, and anywhere since it’s all online test prep. I love being on my laptop, and I know that I would’ve preferred to do my ACT test prep in the comfort of my own home on my laptop, rather than traveling to my ACT tutor’s house once a week.
Magoosh has a simple design that makes it easy for students to navigate through online test prep. With over 700 questions, you’ll feel ready for whichever test you end up taking. And, if you ever get stuck, you have access to support from online tutors who are highly educated and trained in test prep!
Magoosh is an inexpensive option for students wanting to improve their test scores, but still get quality time with trained tutors who know what they are talking about. I wish I would’ve had Magoosh and saved hundreds of dollars!
And guess what the best part is? Magoosh guarantees that you will increase your ACT score by 4 points or increase your SAT score by 100 points and if you don’t then you will GET YOUR MONEY BACK. How awesome is that?!
Click HERE to get a 7-day free trial of Magoosh + let’s get your test scores up!
Study Tips for ACT/SAT
- Skip hard questions on the ACT and come back to them if you have time at the end of going through the test. Time passes fast during the ACT and it’s important not to waste too much time on just one question.
- Consider using the process of elimination on questions that stump you. It’s a better plan of attack to narrow down your options and then decide between one or two answers, rather than just randomly bubbling in an answer and hoping for the best. The process of elimination is especially great to use on the SAT test.
- Make sure the bubbles you fill in are dark and clear to read.
- Trust your gut when trying to answer a difficult answer. Your gut is practically your brain’s first reaction and reasoning, so go with that on especially difficult questions.
- Remember that the ACT test does NOT penalize you for answering and guessing. Try and get an answer filled in for EVERY question on the ACT.
- Keep calm the night before the test. Go to bed at a reasonable time, try and de-stress, and get the test out of your head. Worrying yourself over the test will inevitably make you more nervous and shaky for when it comes time to take the test.
- Always double check your answers (especially on the SAT test) if you have time to do so at the end.
What are your favorite test prep online resources? How do/did you prepare for taking your ACT/SAT?
Don’t forget to sign up for your 7-day free trial of Magoosh + let me know how your results turn out!
Pssst! If you liked this post + learned something new about how to prep for ACT/SAT, I would love for you to share it with your friends. Sharing this post takes just a few seconds + helps with the growth of this blog. Click the blue social sharing buttons to the left or at the top of this page. Thank you!
*This post does contain affiliate and referral links.*